2 med. eggplants (about 2 lbs. total)
6 tbsp. vegetable oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 tbsp. minced fresh ginger or 1 tsp. ground ginger 4 scallions, chopped
1/2 red bell pepper, cut in thin strips
3 tbsp. Co-op Miso Maple BBQ Sauce 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
1/4 to 1/2 tsp. sugar
2 tsp. Co-op Chi-Racha Hot Sauce 1/2 c. Mushroom Stock
- Cut unpeeled eggplant into thin 2 1/2 x 1/2 inch strips.
- In wok or large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil until hot.
- Add half the eggplant. Stir-fry on medium to medium-high heat until soft, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove to plate and set aside.
- Repeat with another 2 tablespoons oil and remaining eggplant.
- Heat last 2 tablespoons oil in same wok or skillet until hot.
- Add, garlic, ginger and scallions, and stir-fry 3-5 minutes. Add red pepper and stir-fry 2 minutes longer.
- Stir in Co-op Miso Maple BBQ Sauce, vinegar, Co-op Chi-Racha Hot Sauce with garlic and mushroom stock; cook 1 minute.
- Return eggplant to wok. Stir fry 2 minutes to reheat.Serve with hot steamed rice.