Ingredients & equipment:
1lb of fine white flour 4 eggs
(optional) pasta machine
1 quart of Co-op Pasta Sauce (Puntanesca or Diablo) grated parmesian
- Create a pile of flour, leaving an empty space in the middle.
- Crack open eggs and pour them into the hole that is in the middle of the flour.
- Pour some salt (as desired) on the flour as well.
- Use a fork to mix the ingredients together evenly..
- Next knead the flour, eggs, and salt together so there is a nice smooth dough. If the dough seems a bit dry add very small amount of water to moisten it.
- Knead the dough for about 10-15 minutes until it is stretchy an firm. Make sure to get any lumps out.
- Separate dough into 2 pieces.
- Once pasta is in the desired form, start cooking!
- Boil water in a pot & add salt for taste.
- Place the pasta in the boiling water & cook for about 3-5 minutes or until the noodles rise to the top. Be very careful not to over cook the pasta or it will ruin the consistency.
- Strain the pasta saving some of the pasta water (about a 1⁄3 of a cup).
- Place the cooked noodles back into the pot with the pasta water on low heat add pasta sauce and reduce liquid to your liking.
- Place on plate and finish with grated Parmesan and fresh herb (if available).