1 1/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup oil
5 large eggs
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup of milk
1 cup sweetened condensed milk
1 1/3 heavy whipping cream
1 table spoon rum
2 table spoons Wild Mash Blue Berry Serano Jam 1 pinch of salt
Optional garnishes- fresh berries or cinnamon
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt. In a separate bowl, combine oil, sugar, and 1tsp vanilla extract.
- Add eggs to the sugar mixture one at a time until well combined.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of milk, the gently fold the mixture a little at a time.
- Grease cake pan and bake 325 degrees for 30-40 min.
- Let the cake cool- turn it over onto a platter, peirce cake with a fork 20-30 times, let cool for 30 min.
- Whisk together 1cup milk, 1cup sweetened condensed milk, 1cup heavy cream and rum.
- Slowly pour over cooled cake.
- In mixing bowl, add 3/4 cup heavy cream, 1 tsp vanilla and 1 tbsp sugar. Beat until peaks form.
- Spread over cake. (Sprinkle of cinnamon or fresh berries)
2 tbsp butter
1 cup confectioners sugar
2 tbsp milk, cream (sherry, rum, brandy), 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 tbsp Blue Serano Jam
- Start by adding solid ingredients together- Cream, butter, and sugar.
- Add liquid(s)- vanilla, milk, cream (sherry, rum, brandy), and Blue Serano Jam.
- Mix until smooth.